Hi Friends, in this article, we will do Hisense Tornado TV complete review. This will be an extensive review where we will start from unboxing and then do extensive testing of this TV.
Hi friends, let’s unbox Hisense Tornado TV.
- This 55-inch TV with 4K Ultra HD 3840×2160 resolution and 60Hz Refresh Rate, and Smooth Motion Technology.
- Hisense has named MEMC technology Smooth Motion Technology, which works at 60Hz.
- Hisense Tornado TV comes with almost negligible Bezels, which looks appealing.
- If we talk about connectivity options, this TV has 3 HDMI 2.0 ports (1 ARC), 2 USB ports, 1 Optical audio port, 1 Headphone Jack, and Bluetooth 5.0 Dual-Band WIFI Connectivity options.
- This TV’s highlight is JBL’s in-built Soundbar comes with a fabric mesh grill and looks premium.
- On the left side is JBL branding, in the mid is Hisense branding and on the right side is Dolby Vision and Atmos and vison logo in a ring bar, which looks premium.
- The TV comes with a Bluetooth and Infrared remote control with 2 AAA batteries and Hotkeys- Netflix, Amazon Prime, Bluetooth, Hotstar, and Google Play.
- This is a voice-enabled remote with a Google voice assistant.
- You also get a setup guide and foot stands (made of plastic), charge screws, user manual, and Vesa wall mount.
Friends, we have completed the unboxing. Now let’s do a quick review, or we can say a small test TV in every possible way and tell you whether you should buy this TV or not.
Now let’s boot Up the Hisense Tornado TV.
- Hisense Tornado TV is a certified Android TV with Android TV OS 9 and built-in Chromecast.
- If we talk about hardware, you get Cortex A55 CPU, Mali 470 MP3 GPU, 2GB RAM, and 16GB Storage, whereas its usable storage is 11GB.
- It is easy to set up any Android TV. Just pair it with your android phone, follow the instructions, and the design is complete.
- The user interface is simple and is similar to any android TV.
- The difference is in the apps that you get. Android version of this comes with 5000 apps, and you can download more apps via the play store, for, e.g., SonyLiv, Kodi, and game lovers can download apps like Asphalt 8.
Getting into further details
Before playing something on Netflix, I’ll tell you about the details of its panel.
- This TV comes with an 8 Bit + FRC VA DLED panel with HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision.
- Its peak brightness is between 350-400 NITS. The Old Guard is a 4K Dolby Vision movie.
- I cannot play the entire film, but I’ll explain everything through its trailer.
- I have switched on the subtitles. Generally, when subtitles are switched on, the LED lights the areas near subtitles, but not on this TV, which is perfect.
- This means that the micro dimming feature of this TV is not a gimmick.
- Even while playing some content, you can change the picture Mode from picture settings.
- By default, Hisense Tornado comes in Dynamic Picture Mode, but if you love watching movies, you must watch it on Cinema mode to enjoy it more.
- The picture quality I can see, the Camera can never show that, and I must say that this TV has fantastic picture quality.
- Every VA panel shows some Loss in color and brightness on extreme sides. But the good part is that the color reproduction Is good because the colors are vivid even on the side.
I have taken Hotstar’s subscription just for one thing- Marvel. I cannot play the movie due to copyright issues, but I can show you that even on Hotstar, you can see 4K Ultra HD Dolby Vision content on this TV.
Hisense Tornado TV some real hard testing
Now comes the time for hard testing. Let’s begin with the dimming test, which Will tell us about the micro-diming of this TV. Keeping an OLED TV expectation will be wrong, but this TV gives a fantastic performance as a VA Panel.
Now we’ll do the expanding particle test. This test is to check the backlight Of the DLED panel, and we will check its performance. We can see the Halo effect, and This is beyond my imagination.
I have seen the same effect on TV with double its price. Now is the turn for a stress test. Backlight and micro-dimming features are stressed Extensively, and sometimes even the best to best TV do not perform well.
I expected that the TV would show greys, but I am surprised to see Blacks even now. I have played this MP4 movie clip from my Pendrive. And now if I tell you that it is Of 720p, then you won’t believe me.
I am stunned after seeing the upscaling of this TV.
Hisense Tornado TV HD channel review:
Now let’s see how Hisense Tornado TV plays the HD channels. You can see That HD channels are shown on this TV after amazing upscaling. The clarity of SD channels is also acceptable but not the best.
I always recommend an HD set-top box.
Hisense Tornado TV Audio review:
Now let’s do the audio test and check how the built-in JBL soundbar (Dolby atmos soundbar) sounds? Do I still need to say that this in-built JBL Soundbar sounds impressive? You can quickly and flawlessly mirror your android screen on this TV.
Let’s make a small comparison to know the difference between this TV and the previous TV of Hisense. Both have the same panel, picture quality, and brightness, but there are two major differences.
- This TV comes with smooth motion technology, which is MEMC, and it works at 60Hz.
- There was 30W audio in the previous model, whereas this TV comes with JBL 102W in-built Soundbar, which is fantastic.
At present, the previous model’s cost is INR38,990, and if you buy a 100W soundbar along with it, it’ll cost you approx INR48,00 to INR49,000. At the same time, this TV will cost you around INR45,000, which is a fantastic price.
Now I’ll tell you about its cons because no product is perfect.
Even this TV has two cons.
- Its refresh rate and MEMC are clogged at 60Hz, which means there will be no Improvement in its refresh rate, but no other TV in this price range provides you a greater refresh rate. We expect Hisense to provide a refresh rate greater than 60Hz in its upcoming TV.
- There is no HDMI 2.1 port. When everyone is waiting for PS5 and XBOXX, HDMI 2.1 port has become a necessity. But again, the same thing- no other TV offers you HDMI 2.1 port in this price range. And this is why these two cons are not actual coins.
Service Centers and Conclusion:
When I asked Hisense about its service networks, it said that now Hisense Caters to 18,500 pin codes and uploaded the list of 450+ service centers on its website. I checked it myself, and now I can say that the service network of Hisense is far better than before. The company has guaranteed the maximum price of Hisense Tornado as INR45,000, but they couldn’t tell how long it will take to sell out the stock of Hisense tornado. This TV is available on all platforms.
And do tell me, how was this blog.